Check out the list below of six best gaming laptops under $300 for you to select.
HP as a brand needs no introduction. They’re one of the most reliable brands when it comes to computers. This product is perfect for anyone looking for a laptop for some casual gaming and work.
– AMD A6—7310 Quad—Core APU which is clocked at 2.4GHz and has a 2MB cache. APU stands for Accelerated Processing Unit and is an exclusive line of CPUs by AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) which combine both the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and the Central Processing Unit (CPU) on a single chip. This series of processors was designed in mind for people who wanted some good gaming experience on their laptops while not having them weigh too much.
– Has AMD Radeon R4 Graphics integrated, providing you with crisp and clear image quality and a solid gaming experience.
– Comes with a 15.6 inches HD (1366 x 768) Brightview SVA WLED-backlit display, which is able to produce some nice vivid colors, bringing your games to life.
– This laptop sports 4 GB of SDRAM and 500 GB of 5400 RPM hard drive, allowing it to function smoothly even under heavy workload and store all your precious data.
– Comes with a built-in SD media card reader which is multi-format, taking care of all your memory card connectivity needs.
– It also sports a CD/DVD writer so you can read and write your disks.
– Comes with dual built-in stereo speakers, which are able to create a nice surround sound for your music, gaming, and streaming.
– Comes with a decent amount of ports. HDMI 2x, USB 2.0 1x, HDMI 3.0 1x, 1x RJ-45 and the usual microphone/headphone jack combo.
– It also comes with an Integrated 10/100 BASE-T LAN card.
– Uses a built-in video cam for your video chatting and recording needs.
– It weighs at about 4.7 pounds and is 0.9 inches thin, which is pretty slim and lightweight for a gaming laptop.
– The battery used in the laptop is 3 cell lithium ion battery, providing you with a battery backup of approximately 5.5 hours.
– Comes with Windows 10 Home Edition Operating System pre-installed.
– Can be found in the price range of sub $250.
– Gaming laptops are usually quite heavy compared to normal laptops since they come packed with extra hardware. This is not the case here. The laptop weighs at about 4.7 pounds which is pretty lightweight and won’t break your back when you carry it.
– Comes with CD/DVD burner, which is rare in laptops nowadays.
– Comes with a built-in webcam so you won’t have to purchase a separate external webcam.
– Comes with built-in wifi. You won’t have to buy a separate WLAN networking card.
– Hard disk space (500 GB) is pretty low and would not be sufficient for heavy gaming and downloads.
– It can heat a bit if not used in proper conditions due to the APU it uses.
The processor used in this laptop is an Intel N3700 Quad Core mobile processor which comes with a cache of 2MB and operates at 1.6GHz. The four cores ensure four-way processing for HD quality and fast processing.
– Uses Intel-integrated graphics as its graphics solution.
– Supports a 15.6 Inches LED HD Display with a native resolution of 1366 x 768.
– Comes with a really solid multi-format CD/DVD burner which is able to write a wide variety of disks like CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD +R/RW and dual layer DVDs.
– Comes with integrated webcam and a built-in high-speed LAN card and Bluetooth connectivity.
– Built in stereo speakers which use the SonicMaster technology to provide you with phenomenal sound experience.
– Comes with pre-installed Windows 10 64 bit home edition operating system.
– Uses 3-cell lithium ion battery, providing you with an average battery backup of six hours.
– Uses chiclet style keys in the keyboard.
– Ports hosted by the machine include 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, Microphone/Headphone ports, HDMI port, VGA output and LAN port.
– Packed with 500 GB 5400 RPM hard disk and 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM.
– Weighs at about 4.3 pounds and is 1 inches thin.
– Can be found in the price range of sub $270.
– Has built in Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity, so you won’t have to purchase separate adapters for them.
– No need to purchase a separate webcam because it comes with a built-in webcam.
– The DVD writer used in this model is of very high quality.
– Has both VGA and HDMI connectivity so you can output on a big screen.
– Customers have reported issues with constant disconnection of WiFi.
– Comparatively weaker processor compared to other laptops in the same budget.
– The HP AF131DX is powered by AMD A6-5200 Quad Core APU which is clocked at 2.0 GHz and comes with 2MB of L2 cache.
– Uses AMD Radeon R4 Graphics solution which comes coupled with 2 GB of dedicated graphics memory.
– Comes packed with 500GB of 5400RPM hard drive and 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM, providing you with ample space to store all your photos, games, videos and music.
– Sports a 15.6 inches WLED-Backlit Brightview display with a resolution of 1366×768, providing you with a crystal clear display.
– Ports hosted include USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 2, a HDMI port, 1 x RJ 45(LAN) port and 1 x Microphone-in/Headphone out combo jack.
– Comes with a Digital Media Card Reader which supports multiple formats.
– Weighs at 4.7 pounds, which is quite lightweight for a gaming laptop.
– Uses a lithium ion polymer battery which is able to provide an average battery backup of 5 hours.
– Uses a chiclet style keyboard which is easy on your fingers and allows fast typing.
– Can be found in the price range of sub $250.
– Comes with a built-in webcam. You won’t need to buy a separate webcam.
– Comes with a built-in CD/DVD writer allowing you to write and read all your disks.
– The APU used is pretty powerful.
– It can heat up a bit if used in hot temperatures since it uses an APU.
The HP AN013NR is powered by AMD E2-7110 Quad-Core APU which is clocked at 1.8 GHz, providing you with ample processing power to handle a wide variety of tasks like browsing the internet to play games.
– It uses a 14-inch FHD UWVA IPS WLED-backlit Brightview display which is able to output resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. The screen is able to provide crystal-clear, clean and vibrant image quality with 178-degree viewing angles.
– Comes packed with 4GB of LPDDR3 SDRAM, allowing the use of multiple applications at the same time without slowing down the laptop.
– Instead of a traditional hard drive with moving parts, this laptop uses a 32GB eMMC flash based storage solution. Since there are no moving parts involved, there is very less chance of hard drive breaking down or data corruption.
– Comes with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition Operating System.
– The laptop’s dimensions are 13.6 x 9.51 x 0.94 in (W x D x H), and it weighs at 3.86 pounds. Anybody can carry and use it on the go.
– Battery backup is about five hours and fifteen minutes.
– Can be found in the price range of sub $220.
– Comes with a full high definition display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, providing you with crisp, detailed images.
– Even more lightweight compared to non-gaming laptops.
– Hard disk, which is 32 GB is very low, and if you want to play games, you may need to purchase an external hard drive.
– Can heat a bit since it uses an APU instead of a separate graphics and processing solution, which is a trade-off for the lower weight that this laptop has.
Dell is another big-name company in the computer industry. They produce some high-quality laptops, and if you do decide to go with one of their products, you definitely won’t regret it.
– The Dell Inspiron High-Performance Premium Laptop is powered by Intel Pentium Quad Core Processor clocked at 1.6 GHz. It has an Intel Integrated Graphics Solution, providing you with ample processing power for both your everyday tasks like browsing the Internet, listening music, watching movies to some heavy stuff like gaming and video editing.
– Sports a 15.6 inches LED backlit screen which with Truelife HD technology allowing you to enjoy your movies, games, and shows at a stunning resolution of 1366 x 768.
– The laptop comes packed with 4 GB of DDR3 SDRAM allowing you to multitask with ease without slowing your laptop down.
– Comes with a 500 GB hard drive. This provides you ample space to store all your music, videos, photos and games.
– Comes with a USB 3.0 port, allowing you to transfer data at lightning speeds with a USB 3.0 compatible device. Don’t worry; the port is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices. The laptop also comes with an HDMI port so you can output your data on a bigger screen.
– Comes with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 technology, so you can transfer your data wirelessly and connect to other Bluetooth devices. The laptop also comes with built in wifi allowing you to connect it to all your wifi devices.
– Comes packed with a built-in CD/DVD writer/burner allowing you to read and write all your CDs and DVDs
– Windows 10 Home Edition Operating System pre-installed with the laptop.
– Provides a battery backup of approximately six hours.
– The dimensions of the laptop are 19.4 x 13.5 x 3 inches, and it weighs at about 5 pounds.
– Can be found in the price range of sub $270.
– Comes with built in WiFi. You don’t have to buy and use an external WiFi adapter.
– Comes with built-in Bluetooth, so you don’t have to buy and use an external Bluetooth adapter.
– Comes with built in CD/DVD writer, which is uncommon in laptops nowadays.
– Weighs much more than the other laptops on the list. If you travel a lot and use your laptop on the go, this laptop may not be suitable for you.
6. HP 15.6
The HP BA018WM is powered by AMD E2-7110 Quad Core APU which is clocked at 1.8 GHz and comes with 2MB of L2 cache. This processor is enough to provide you with a solid gaming experience as well to handle everyday tasks like documents editing and watching movies.
– The laptop comes packed with 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM, so you can multitask easily and efficiently without your laptop holding you back.
– Comes equipped with a 5400 RPM hard drive with space of 500 GB, providing a decent amount of space to keep all your videos, documents, pictures and games.
– Sports a 15.6 inches HD WLED-backlit display powered by Brightview technology and AMD Radeon R2 Graphics solution coupled with a dedicated memory of 2GB provides you with crisp and clear images at a High Definition resolution of up to 1366 x 768 and a solid gaming experience.
– Comes with built-in CD/DVD writer, allowing you to read and write your disks effortlessly.
– Comes installed with a built-in HD webcam and a digital microphone, taking care of all your video chatting and recording needs.
– Ports included with the laptop are 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI port, 1x RJ-45 Ethernet Port, Microphone/Headphone jacks and a multi-format memory card reader.
– Provides a full-size keyboard with numeric keypad.
– Integrated Dual sound speakers to listen to all your music and provide an awesome gaming experience.
– Has a pre-installed Windows 10 Home Operating System.
– Uses lithium ion batteries and provides a battery backup of about 6 hours.
– Comes with inbuilt WLAN network card, allowing you to connect to all your wifi devices.
– Can be found in the price range of sub $240.
– Comes with a built-in microphone, which is uncommon in laptops at this price point.
– Comes with a built-in webcam, Bluetooth, and Wifi.
– Good battery backup of 6 hours.
– Comes with no bloatware.
– Can get a bit hot if not used under proper working conditions.
– Hard disk space won’t be enough for heavy gamers.
What Are the Games that You Can Play on The Above Listed Laptops?
Now you may be wondering what type of games are playable on these laptops. Well, there’s something for everybody! It can easily and smoothly run all your online games like flash games on miniclip.com or the games which are available on Facebook.
If you’re a serious gamer and would like to play some heavy-graphics games, you can do that too! These laptops can play games like Call of Duty, Gears of War 4, Battlefield, Fifa, NBA, Dying Light, Overwatch, Counter Strike Global-Offensive, Team Fortress 2, Warframe, Mass Effect, Crysis and many others.
Getting a good laptop depends on how much effort you put in researching and understanding the main specifications. Refurbished laptops are obviously not new, but their performance is excellent. When choosing a laptop consider choosing the brick type charger, that way you can replace it easily in case it goes bad. Also, ensure that the charger can work as a power supply in case you don’t want to work off the battery.
Most laptops nowadays come with a free antivirus. You should ensure that you properly check out its expiry date. You do not want a situation where your computer crashes with all your data in it. Find a laptop that can use your phone to tether or share the internet; you should not assume that your environment will always be Wi-Fi enabled; a phone can come in handy sometimes.
While all these laptops are good none of them is faultless. When choosing a gaming laptop, it is advisable to get one that is light in weight so that you can carry it for hours on your shoulder or back without feeling the strain. Although all these laptops are below $300, it is recommended that you go through the reviews posted by the users on specific sites. It is an easier way of getting to understand the machine before you purchase it.